Individual health services** are billed directly to your insurance provider or the client based on this fee guide.
- Version: 1.9
- Implementation Date: January 31, 2021
Registered Nurse (RN) Services
- Initial telephone consultation (Optional; 30 mins) — No Cost
- Faxed report to family physician — No Cost
- Referrals & care coordination— No Cost
- Home visit — $11.99 / 10 mins *
- House call (Booked ≤ 7 days prior to review/assess a significant change in condition) — $35.97 + home visit cost
- Virtual care & telehealth (virtual visit with client) — $9.99 / 10 mins *
- Case conference (scheduled call with family or community supports) — $5.99 / 10 mins *
- Disposable clinical supplies (> $ 5.00 value) — Patient supplied or billed separately at-cost
- Clinical equipment — No additional cost or service fees disclosed prior to treatment (billed separately)
Non-regulated Provider Services
Nursing assessment and formal care plan required prior to visit. Care plan or delegation of care must be authorized by a nurse registered in the Province of Alberta.
- Health Care Aide (H.C.A.) support — $37.50 for first 50 mins, then + $7.50 / 10 mins thereafter
- Home exercise support — $55.00 / visit
- Group exercise training — fees vary by class & program
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Services
External providers only at this time — Referral available to specific services (e.g. foot care provider) as part of routine care.
Other Regulated (NP, RPN, RD, RPT, OT, RPsych) Services
External providers only at this time — Based on presenting needs, can coordinate referral to allied health provider at no additional cost.
* All time-based services are charged, at minimum, at the base rate. Billable time is rounded down to the nearest billing unit (e.g. rounded down to the nearest 10 minutes).
** Individual health services pricing does not include contracted services provided to corporations, employee/employer groups, non-profit organizations and/or governmental organizations. Health services provided to groups and communities may include minimum service guarantees and, as a result, may not be charged on a fee-for-service basis. Individual health services also do not include fees for population health projects, community or group consultations, professional education & training, quality improvement (QI), clinical research, health operations support, legal consultations, health systems management or planning. These services are billed according to payment terms specified within service agreements.