Evidence-based home care for neurological conditions.
As part of our home-based Brain Health@Home program, we are growing a suite of home care services specifically for people living with:
- Acquired brain injuries resulting in post-concussive syndrome, headache, brain fog, chronic fatigue, insomnia, nausea or vertigo.
- Mild cognitive impairment resulting in reduced working memory, attention deficits, reduced capacity to speak, word finding difficulties and altered visual perceptions/processing.
- Progressive neurological disorders (e.g. Multiple Sclerosis) resulting in fluctuating coordination and balance, cognitive deficits, difficulty speaking or urinating.
- Chronic stress and pain resulting in emotional dysregulation, impaired sleep, and reduced ability to work.
In partnership with your family physician, we provide home nursing care to people referred and accepted into this program. Nursing supports may include: mental state examinations, functional & cognitive assessments, psychological interventions (e.g. counselling), mindfulness meditation, functional nutrition and exercise coaching. We also offer home-based supports, and may also support clients in adapting emerging therapies (e.g. visual tracking/eye movement training) after fully disclosing the benefits and risks of potential treatments. Our home care program’s goal is to help people manage and overcome brain health challenges using an evidence-based approach.
If you are in Edmonton and experiencing symptom distress, please call 8-1-1 [Health Link Alberta] to speak with a Registered Nurse or go to your nearest Emergency Room.
* See Schedule of Health Service Fees for an itemized list of professional fees