The Brain Health home care stream aims to prevent distress, improve cognitive performance & manage emotions after brain injury or stroke.
This program offers psychologically-enhanced home nursing care, including:
- On-demand symptom coaching via virtual care
- Neuropsychological assessments
- Supportive counselling
- Lifestyle optimization & advice
- Mindfulness-based approaches & functional exercise
In partnership with your family doctor, we can also trial emerging therapies (e.g. visual tracking and eye movement retraining) after disclosing the benefits and risks of these newer treatments when added to a home care plan.
If you are noticing any severe or sudden onset of symptoms, call 9 1 1 or go to your nearest Emergency Room.
This home care stream was designed to support people living at home with:
- Traumatic brain injury including post-concussive syndrome
- Progressive neurodegenerative disorders including Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease
- Major neurocognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s Dementia
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME)
- Mild cognitive impairment resulting in reduced working memory, attention deficits or reduced ability to speak
Prior to admission to this specific stream of home care, a telephone consultation with a Registered Nurse is required. There is no cost for this call, which can be booked as either a videoconference or telephone call. During this call, the nurse will decide whether the Brain Health home care stream is a good fit for the presenting concern. They will also discuss different options for care, and can refer people at no cost to alternate providers in the community.
Why not call our nurse to discuss some options available to help you manage brain injury? Get in touch when it’s convenient for you, and let us look into a range of care options for your particular health question.
* See Schedule of Health Service Fees for an itemized list of nursing fees