As part of our home-based Brain Health Program, we provide intensive home care to improve thinking (e.g. problem solving, speech & short-term memory) as well as emotional control after brain injury.
This program offers psychologically-enhanced home nursing care that may include:
- Symptom support
- Neuropsychological examinations
- Functional & cognitive screening
- Supportive counselling
- Mindfulness meditation
- Brain health assessments
- Functional nutrition & exercises
In partnership with your family doctor, we can also trial emerging therapies (e.g. visual tracking and eye movement retraining) after disclosing the benefits and risks of these newer treatments when added to a home care plan.
If you are noticing any severe or sudden onset of symptoms, call 9 1 1 or go to your nearest Emergency Room.
This program was designed to support people living at home with:
- Traumatic brain injury including post-concussive syndrome
- Progressive neurodegenerative disorders including Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME)
- Mild cognitive impairment resulting in reduced working memory, attention deficits or reduced ability to speak
Prior to admission to this specific home care stream, an initial visit with a Registered Nurse is required. There is no cost for this visit, which can be booked as either a home visit, videoconference or phone call. During this visit, the nurse will decide whether the Brain Health Program is the best choice for the presenting concern. They will also discuss different options for care, and can refer people at no cost to alternate providers in the community.
Why not call our nurse to discuss some options available to help you manage brain injury? Get in touch when it’s convenient for you, and let us look into a range of care options for your particular health question.
* See Schedule of Health Service Fees for an itemized list of nursing fees