The perfect mix of psychological, neuropsychiatric and social supports to help caregivers stay calm and carry on.
A physician referral is required for admission to this home care program.
Early access to a neuropsychiatric care plan and system navigation to help patients manage Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia (BPSD).
Our program lead, Adam Henley, is a Registered Nurse with advanced training in cognitive rehabilitation and in-home management of functional syndromes. Through this program, we aim to improve access to psychologically-informed home care in Edmonton.
The Dementia Stabilization Program provides a wide-range services, including:
- Behavioural assessment and support
- Home exercise and nutrition support
- Home counselling and psychosocial interventions
- Chronic disease self-management coaching
- Caregiver respite and on-call care
- Care coordination and referrals
Specialized nursing care for patients and families managing progressive symptoms of dementia.
Our community-based Dementia Stabilization Program values:
- Careful and kind care
- Proactive and attentive support
- Flexible and adaptable service
- Rehabilitation and coaching
- Supportive and safe conversations
- Respite care and on-call advice
- Case conferencing with physician
- Care coordination & referrals
* See Schedule of Health Service Fees for an itemized list of nursing fees
Caregivers struggling to manage the many symptoms of dementia are welcome to call us anytime. We will likely discus how you are managing dementia behaviours at home, and available home care services that might address your needs. We may not be the best fit for your needs, but it is truly our pleasure to clarify the many options for community-based dementia care services in Edmonton, Alberta.
Other care options are also available in the Edmonton area.
There are other connections to community-based behavioural supports in Edmonton. In many cases, other services could be a better fit for your particular health needs.
Other care options in Edmonton include: *
AHS Continuing Care Access provides access to publicly funded home care in the Edmonton area.
Health Link Alberta (811) provides free navigation, health advice and referral to provincial health services.
The Alzheimer Society provides advice and community support to families managing dementia in the community.
* ConsortiaCare.ca provides links to external providers to help Edmonton residents select the best possible service for their health condition and is not affiliated with them.